The existing site, is owned as a special exemption for religious use under the Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance, is 1.55 acres. It was home to the Berea Church, built in the 1950s, prior to being offered for sale. With a building size of approximately 5044 ft². It is a one story building with the main prayer hall and four separate classrooms.
Minor interior and exterior renovations are also planned so that existing structure can be comfortable and inviting to those that serves. Renovations will include new flooring and carpeting as well as heating and conditioning equipment. While we do intend to bring the building up to code (fire suppression, roof repairs, etc) there are no plans to expand the building.
- Purchase contract signed: March 28, 2014
- Contract ratified: April 24, 2014
- Feasibility study completed: May 21, 2014
- Closing date of contract: April 30, 2015
The MIC Board of Directors has commissioned a team of respected professionals to assist in this noble cause. The team includes:
- AIC, Inc. (Architects)
- Professional Design Group, Inc. (Civil Engineers)
- MCV associates (Transportation Engineers)
- Walsh, Colucci,Lubeley & Walsh, PC (Zoning Attorneys)